Dodgers in bunches from Night Owl


Been away for far too long. Life, adding things over at TCDB and completing trades over there have pretty much dominated my free time lately. Thanks in large part to a package from Night Owl, I cracked into the Top 100 Dodger Collections over at TCDB.

Night Owl is one of the premier Dodger collectors in the collecting world, so when you see a package in your mailbox from him, you know you're gonna be in for some surprises.

Greg sent a mixed bag of cards I needed to finish team sets, cards I didn't know existed and everything in between.


Here's one from a set I didn't know about. 2003 Playoff Portraits. I like these alot more than their modern counterpart, Topps Gallery. These have class.


A couple of examples of Finest sets I missed out on during my great collecting sabbatical from 1995-2008. 


Ah, stuff from my return to collecting. Somehow I completly neglected Topps Bunt and this particular year of Archives. The Greinke was one of few inserts I still needed from 2016 Topps.


Konerko's 1995 Topps rookie and a 96 Topps Laser Ismael Valdes. Are all Topps Laser cards this cool?


Greg sent me a nice chunk of the 2004 Donruss Dodgers team set. 


A good start to 2015 Allen & Ginter...


And a good start to 2017 A&G.


ProVisions were so cool. The main thing I miss about Fleer is the amazing inserts they used to pump out of the Fleer fctory.


2003 Heritage set starter, lol. 


My collection is seriously lacking Pacific cards. This Chan Ho Park is a beauty.


The 1992 Leaf Gold Rookie Mondesi to go with the Pedro I already had.


Huge bump to my 1974 Topps here. This doubles my count for '74 Topps Dodgers.


More 70's Topps was proudly represented in Greg's mailer as well. This 75 Downing is the best looking '75 I own.


A hefty chunk of 1994 Topps needs. And a lone '94 Topps Gold.


My first Topps Major League Debut Dodger. I remember having high hopes for Huff. He is a great ttm'er.


With this pile of 1987 Topps, I only need Bob Welch to have the '87's done.


My 1993 Team Stadium Club Dodgers got a major lift. I'm probably 8 short of the team set now.


Clean copies of 1988 Topps Phil Garner, Glenn Hoffman and Mike Marshall to go along with my signed copies.


These '61 Fleer Throwbacks are really cool. This one finished off the Dodgers for me.


Greg also included this 1996 Collector's Choice Dodgers team set. It was still sealed inside the bag.


I had the 1990 Classic Pink set when I was a kid. No idea what happened to it. 


Topps Ralston Purina. Another set I had alot of cards from as a kid. 


Why is it so hard to come across 1992 Bowman? This is only my second Dodger from '92 Bowman with the other being Pedro.


The 1988 Fleer Star Stickers set was one of the first I ever put together on my own from packs. I remember the little gas station across the road from my house sold packs for 50 cents each. Every day, I would save my recess money, then go across the road when I got home to score a couple of packs.

Mega thanks to Night Owl. If it wasn't for him along with the other great bloggers out there, i wouldn't even be doing this. It's alot more fun when you can share your card enthusiasm with like minded collectors. Thank all of you for reading. I'm ginna try my best to get a post up tomorrow of my recent Dodger TTM returns. 

Comments

  1. Pro-Visions has to be one of the best insert sets of the '90s (if not of all-time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those 91's with the black borders are hard to beat.

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! It's so nice to have another Dodger collector on the blogs. Many of them have disappeared and I have so many Dodger cards to give!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there are any base sets you're working on shoot me lists. I still have piles and piles of 18 Topps, 18 Update, 18 Holiday, 19 Topps, 19 Update, 19 Holiday among others lying around.

      Delete
    2. Night owl: I'm also a Dodgers collector. If you've got cards you can part with, we need to talk! Let me know how I can contact you. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. That Chan Ho Park Pacific is all over the place. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty wild. Even by 90's insert standards, lol. It's definitely got me chasing the other Dodgers from that set.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoy the 2003 Playoff Portraits cards. I love how they added texture to them. Kinda makes me want to track down a complete set for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you at all. The texturing was what made me give these the thumbs up.

      Delete
    2. That Shawn Green is great. I'd never heard of that set so thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Another really, really great post in this great blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...