Killing Sets, Starting New Ones and more 1986 Topps.


It always feels good to finish off a set. Today's mail, finished off 3, but started 
Some new ones as well.


The real 2011 National League MVP, Matt Kemp. This 2019 Opening Day caps off my Dodgers base team set for this year. Glad to finally have that one done, but parallels and inserts continue to elude me.


Another set killer, the base 2019 Topps Corey Seager. This was the last base Dodger I needed for the 2019 flagship including series 1, series 2 and Update.


2019 Topps Grapefruit League Greats Piazza. I really love the look of these cards. Just got the Koufax last week.


And the Pedro Martinez to kill this set! Now to focus on the Cactus League Greats set. Haven't even started it.


This 2018 Topps Brandon McCarthy gets me down to needing only 2 more cards for the 2018 flagship set. Andrew Toles #518 and Josh Fields #623 are in the crosshairs now.


A set starter. The first Topps Triple Threads Dodger I own and its a great one. 2016 Kenta Maeda RC #'d/250. These cards look really good, but stretch my binder sheets. Yes, I put my numbered Dodgers in binders with all the other Dodgers. 


One more set starter. Hard to believe the season has come and gone and this Belli is the first Dodger 2019 Chrome Sepia Refractor in my hands. 


Today's lone ttm return was from former Cardinals and Rangers catcher Glenn Brummer. On his Topps RC, and
....


A 1986 Topps! Check out that awesome play at the plate. Another signed 86 Topps down.

Comments

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know I'm really glad I found your blog. I only started collecting baseball cards 6 weeks ago and my focus is all Dodgers since 1991. It's been a lot of fun discovering so many sets, remembering so many players and it's nice to know that there's others with a similar interest. I'll continue following you, and may have questions for you at some point. In the meantime, all the best completing sets, starting new ones and if you have any advice for a total newbie, I'm all ears! Thanks! Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. You picked a great team to collect! My only advice is to collect what makes you happy. Don't go out chasing the hot rookie cards that are fetching all the money because this is a volatile market. Have fun and help other collectors. The baseball card collecting blog community is really great as are the guys over at the baseball card sub at Reddit.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm with you on the happiness vs. profit question. I'm only doing this because it is something I would have liked to do when I was a kid, but couldn't because I lived overseas. So, yeah, I get way more excited seeing a Ramon Martinez card for the first time than I do when someone posts yet another Vlad Jr. auto. I'm definitely hoping I can find a way to help others in their collecting, even though with my approach, I'm not going to have a ton of cards to give away. We'll see! Go Blue!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...

Dodgers in bunches from Night Owl