1990's Oddball Dodger Mailday and a new Dodger TTM Return


Blast from the past in today's batch of cards courtesy of a member of the baseball cards sub over at Reddit. Also got a Dodger ttm in today, so I'm pretty stoked about that. If any of you can help out, there's a few Dodgers I need cards of for ttm purposes. They are; Don Aase, Kevin Elster, Dennis Powell, Darrin Fletcher, Davey Johnson, Jim Tracy, Bob Lillis, Von Joshua, Ted Power, Jeff Shaw, Terry Adams, Devon White, Tom Goodwin, John Tudor, Jack Perconte, Lerrin LaGrow and Ed VandeBerg.


No matter how many times it gets immortalized on a trading card, this moment will never get old. Kirk Gibson cemented his place in Dodger Legend. This card is from 2001 Topps Flagship.


I had forgotten all about these cards, but when I was a kid, a couple of these came with packages of sheets whenever you bought them. Most of the ones I had as a kid were orange bordered, and I don't think I ever had one of Jackie.


As much as the 90's upped the weirdness in trading cards, it also upped the price. I think Metal Universe or maybe Flair were the first cards I ever saw over the $3 per pack price point. This 1997 Metal Universe Raul Mondesi is still pretty cool though.


Didn't think a whole lot about this 2002 Donruss Chan Ho Park...


Until I flipped it over and saw that SAMPLE stamped on the bottom right corner.


Never had any of these 1991 Topps Bazooka Shining Stars as a kid. 


This looks to be some kind of parallel from 1996 Pinnacle. Not sure what though, Starburst maybe?


The 90's were also full of food issues like this 1993 Jimmy Dean Mike Piazza.


And this 1994 Post Mike Piazza.


1997 Stadium Club were super clean as Stadium Club always is. This Piazza is only the second Dodger I have from 97 Stadium Club.


A Todd Hundley from my Dark Ages of collecting, 1999 Gold Label.


1999 Fleer Brilliants Gary Sheffield. I really dig the looks of these and look forward to getting more Dodgers from Brilliants.


A gem I always wanted as a kid, the 1985 Donruss Orel Hershiser. 

And now, the Dodgers ttm return...


Dodger pinch hitting legend, Dave Hansen! Dave is currently a coach with the (gasp) San Diego Padres. He was gracious enough to sign a couple of cards that I sent to him back in August. Guess he's just now catching up on his mail. He signed this 1994 Topps.


And this 1994 Collector's Choice. I included another card, but Dave kept it. Thanks alot Dave. 


Comments

  1. Great cards! I think I've got 3 or 4 1997 Stadium Club Dodgers: that may be the only time I ever have more than you in a given category. ;-) Actually, come to think of it, I do have several 1994 Score Select because I just love that set so maybe I have you hear there too, lol.
    Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...

Dodgers in bunches from Night Owl