We Care... Apparantly, They Really Do BC I Thought This Was Gone


Any card collector can attest, seeing one of these in your mailbox is akin to getting kicked below the belt. As soon as you lay your eyes upon it, your mind is immediately flooded with images of those cards you wanted so badly, mangled in the worst ways possible. Over the years, the few of these I have received have been a mixed bag. Sometimes damaged. Once the cards were all intact and in good condition. Another time I remember getting one with an empty ripped in half envelope inside. 

This time however, they were all good. These were from a newbie trader and he placed 2 extra thick top loaders, crammed full of cards, inside a PWE. This envelope had been missing for 2 weeks and he told me about what he had done. I told him not to worry about it, that they would either show up, or not. When I had given up, they arrived today. And in perfect condition. The envelope was mangled, but thanks to the cards being in the top loaders, they survived their trip.

2019 Panini Diamond Kings Squires - Walker Buehler

Don't have much from this years DK set at all. This one is pretty cool looking.

2015 Topps - Clayton Kershaw

3 Kershaws I still needed from the 2015 Topps set. Don't need many from Series 1 & 2, but my 2015 Update set needs real help.

2016 Topps Holiday - Urias & Seager

Couple of Dodger RC's from 2016 Holiday. Still need most Dodgers from this release.

2019 Topps Gallery - Smith & Muncy

My first 2 base Dodgers from this year's Gallery. Sad that I had 2 Certified Auto's (Santana & Muncy) before I had any base cards.

2019 Topps Gallery Masterpieces - Kershaw

These are ok I guess. 

2018 Topps 1983's - Kershaw

Another '18 1983 Topps down. Wish Topps would do 1986's next year.

2018 Topps Gallery - Yasiel Puig

I will never have enough Puig cards.

2013 Topps - Zack Greinke

2013 Topps is pretty significant for Dodgers. 1st Topps Flagship card of Greinke in a Dodgers jersey, Puig's Rookie and Babe Ryu's Rookie can all be found in 2013.

2013 Topps Hyun-Jin Ryu RC

Did I just mention you could find Ryu's rookie in 2013 Topps?

2019 Donruss Action All-Stars - Kershaw

Man is this card phenomenal! Stuff like this would make ne want to buy Panini.... if they had logos.

2019 Topps Chrome Autographs Purple - Dennis Santana

This guy may not ever amount to anything, but it's an on-card auto of a Dodger I only had a sticker auto of. 

Overall a pretty good envelope full of cards. Got about 10 packages ready to get out to some of you before Christmas. More than likely will mail those 10 out Friday, so you should all have them before Christmas Day.

Comments

  1. I'm amazed they survived! PWEs are so dangerous for cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real. I've mailed up to 6 cards in a pwe, but really carefully. I can't believe this many cards got through in one with a regular forever stamp on it, lol.

      Delete
  2. I really like that Buehler Diamond Kings.

    What's your take on Topps 2015? I actually really like them, but they're more "gimmicky" than one would expect for a what I think of as THE set of reference for any given year.

    Also, Gallery 2019 has a frame: is that part actually thicker than the rest of the card or is it just made to look that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gallery cards are just made to look like they have frames. Nothing like Gypsy Queen where you actually have parallels with real frames.

      I did not like the 2015 Topps design at all when it first hit. However, the design slowly grew on me more and more until I eventually liked it. It was a good design. Topps had gotten very stale from like 2008-2014 and all the designs kinda looked similar. Then 2015 hit and there was no mistaking what year those cards were from.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...

1991 Topps... Vintage or Junk Wax