Oddballs courtesy of TCDB


My journey to put back a Dodgers collection that I never should have parted with in the first place has been like finding a DeLorean. Too many times now I have receieved cards only to met with the "Aw snap! I remember that one" response. 

That aspect of this "new" collection has been fun, but the best part has been all the weird, off-the-wall, oddball cards I had only heard about as a kid that I now own as an adult. Today's trip to the mailbox netted some such gems acquired from some trades over at the Trading Card Database.

1990 & 1991 California Jumbo Sunflower Seeds

Never saw any of these as a kid. I remember reading about the in Beckett or maybe Tuff Stuff back in the day.


1992 Topps Gold Winners

I had a stack 1992 Topps Golds, but never had any Gold Winners. I also have the Kal Daniels in these. Maybe I'll try to find the rest at some point.


1989 Fleer

These look like normal 1989 Fleer until you flip them over...


Yea, 1989 Fleer Glossy. 1st of these I have ever owned. Definitely want to try and score more of these.


1989 Score 100 Hottest Stars

I get all giddy over Dodger cardboard from these types of 80's box sets.


1992 and 1993 Post

I had tons of 1990-1993 Post cards as a kid. I remember as long as the Post cereals had cards in them, that was the only brand of cereal I would eat. I probably consumed way too many Honeycombs back then, lol.


1989 Score 100 Rising Stars

Never realized the Dodgers had so many in this set. 


1990 Score Young Superstars

Super gloss on these bad boys.


1992 US Playing Card Company

These guys put out decks of cards multiple times a year. All-Star decks, team decks, etc. I had quite a few decks back then.


1992 MooTown Snackers

This is one of those I never even knew about. Cool to own though.


1993 Kraft Singles

Knew about these because of Beckett, but since they were Canada only I never had any. Until today!


1992 Jimmy Dean

I had some of these as a kid, but never had the Straw-man. Had a bunch of the 1993 Jimmy Deans.


1990 Topps KayBee Kings

I sure do miss the retailer exclusive box sets from the 80's. Growing up back then, these things were the best bang for your buck. You could get all the best players at once for what would be considered a steal compared to today's inflated prices.


1989 Topps League Leader Minis

I have loved the Topps League Leader Minis since day one in this great hobby. I'm known to send them out frequently for ttm requests.


2019 Topps Chrome Sepia Refractor

Something new in today as well. My 2nd Sepia Refractor from 2019 Chrome with Belli being the other.


2013 Allen & Ginter Black Mini

A&G, Mini and the Duke. You can't go wrong.


1997 Upper Deck

Not an oddball, but had to post. If this card had been here yesterday, it would have made it into my "Don't take their bats away..." post. Look at Ramin laying down that sac. 1997 UD was great because it had the date the photo was taken on alot of the cards in the set.

Thanks as always for reading. 

Comments

  1. I have a couple of those Kraft cards -- never knew they were Canadian until this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be cool if more cards had dates and descriptions of what was going on in the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...

1991 Topps... Vintage or Junk Wax