The Dodger TTM Mailbag


Where do all those Dodger dupes go? Well, alot of them move on to other collectors, but some of them go right back to the players photographed on the cardboard gold we so covet. I've sent many a requests to past and present Dodgers over the span of the last 5 years with a little over a 50% success rate. I'll take it. Here is the last couple of weeks of returns.


I had almost written this one off. If you send security index cards with your request, Brett Butler will always sign one like this with a smiley face. 3rd such index card I've gotten from him over the years. I sent him a couple of Dodger cards years ago, then about a year and a half ago I sent him a 1986 Topps for that project. Ran across his address and thought I would send a couple more.


Just had to have this 1994 Collector's Choice signed. Amazing action shot with Wrigleys iconic ivy as the backdrop.


Brett's 1993 Topps has always been one of my favorite cards of his. 


And the 1992 Upper Deck. Butler was one of my guys when I was younger. Even as a kid, I appreciated the players who were always dirty, and nobody got filthier on the field than Brett Butler.


My lone disappointment from this wave. I sent Bobby his 1971 Topps card (the only 1971 Topps Dodger card in my collection) and he kept it. I got this as a concellation prize. Perhaps I'll try to get him on a Dodger card again one day, if I ever get another.


One of those guys that didn't quite pan out. Still stoked to add another former Dodger auto to the collection though. Mike played like 1 season for LA and moved on to Cleveland. 


Dave Walsh tolled around the minors until he was 29. In his one season, he pitched in 20 games, registered 1 save and won a game with no losses. Then, he retired. 


Mike Munoz pitched a couple of lackluster seasons for LA to start his MLB career. He pitched for 13 seasons. His signature is pretty cool on this 1990 Score. I got an extra one of these signed from him that's gonna be going out in the next care package to a certain Dodger blogger.


Yet another player that started his brief MLB career as a Dodger. Ron is more famous for his stint managing the Brewers and his current coaching run with the Red Sox.


I liked Rafael Bournigal. Of all the shortstops the Dodgers had in the 90's he was my favorite. None of them could hit, but they were all amazing in the field. Offerman, Bournigal, Vizcaino. Rafael had those cool goggles too.

As always thank you guys for reading. Thank you for commenting. Most importantly, thank you for collecting and for helping others with their collections.



Comments

  1. Nice seeing those familiar cards signed. I have cards autographed by Butler. I could have had a card signed by Valentine when I interviewed him a couple months ago. But I was on the job and that's frowned upon. Should've got him in the parking lot after the interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got Bournigal’s autograph. He truly is a great guy. We lived in the same town when he was with the A’s in ‘97 and I lived a block from the YMCA. I was over there playing basketball one day and spotted him working out. I asked if I could run home and get some cards for him to sign. He was on his way out but offered to drive me to my house. So I hopped in the back and his brother drove us to my house and I ran in and got the 2 cards of his that I had and he signed them and took a picture with me.
    Later I started cashiering at a grocery store and he remembered me and alway came through my line.
    Classy guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Surprise from my Better Half

Adding my Collection to the TCDB has Taught me Something...

1991 Topps... Vintage or Junk Wax